Thursday, February 14, 2008

All work and No play makes BOB....well BOB

A Happy Valentine's Day to all.......Not exactly the day to go live with the blog but I have been writing everything in the journal old school. Now I am taking a lifetime fitness and health class at the local community college, and I think someone like the Fred Flintstone I am should get with the program.

Like I said just a second ago, I have started a blog to help me get into a better place. I have a rollar-coaster history with fitness. Short story, I was an athlete in high school and college, even a little in the military when I wasn't being deployed. But then, you're young, good metabolism, and time to live in the gym, or track.

Now, no longer military, no metabolism, and trying to deal with longer work shifts, and old man time isn't helping. I just finished a 18 hour on the floor, 23 hours in total kind of day due to the ice storm and blunder of VDOT ( Va Dept of Trans). Like my previous job of catching babies as a OB/GYN nurse, being a cardiac nurse you can't leave the unit if someone doesn't show up for work.

Anyway, to at least put a positive spin on the day, I just recently purchased a pedometer so gauge my workday. On my previous job, a 8000 step day was a 12 hour babyfest. I'll address being the only male OB/GYN nurse in Virginia another time. From Tuesday to Wednesday, I actually put 16243 out there, and this Thursday has become a day of rest, and stretching. Now based on my stride of 30inches, I walked 40607.5 feet, and approx 8.1 miles. I also state this is on concrete which is the worst surface for legs and knees. Tired, yes. Legs and feet sore, absolute. Today will be rest, and stretch. I would love a massage, but I like deep-tissue and it costs more than my budget has at the moment. I will settle for a Epsom Salts bath. Great invention from Mother Earth, used for just several thousand years. Simple. Costs about 2.00us.
Try one before bed. You'll thank me.

No comments: