Thursday, February 21, 2008

Over indulging

So I'm back again. Valentine's I indulged a little with Ben and Jerry's and chocolate. I need to figure out a way to stop myself from eating late at night when I'm tired. It's one of my biggest problems, I think, other than poor food choices. Like tonight's cheddar & summer sausage and crackers. Not hungry. Tired. Should've just gone to bed, but I wanted to stay up a little with BOB.

No exercise at all since I last posted a week ago. I'm on my feet all day at work and do a fair bit of walking. Not nearly enough, mind you, but some. BOB's pedometer is calibrated for him, so I think I'm gonna have to buy one of my own and wear it at work. I really need to get off my keister and as the Nike ads say, "Just do it." Only a few years ago I ran three days a week and walked or did aerobics 5-6 days a week, plus work and family. Where has that person gone?? I want her back.

I often make excuses. My personal responsibility has died off at in an alarming way. How to get on track and stay there? I guess a plus would be the salad I ate at dinner. I still dislike veggies and I always have, but I'm sick of the spare tire so...I'm faking it 'till I make it with the veggies. I also took the stairs instead of the elevator at church tonight. Small steps in the right direction still count, right? Confucius said a journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step. Or something similar.

Muffintop

No comments: