Thursday, February 14, 2008

Hi There

Muffintop here. AKA Bookwormom. BOB has asked me to participate in his fitness and lifestyle blog, which is also a class at our local community college. As he mentions in his bio, we have 3 kids. I work 3/4 time, in other words almost full time, but not quite. I'm taking a computer class and I have my own blog- plus caring for the house and the kids. Not much time left over for personal time. Thus the idea that we might be able to carve out dual purpose time- fitness and face time with each other in one fell swoop. If we can swing it.

As for my own fitness history- I started exercising regularly when our daughter was an infant (now 16). Three years ago I gave myself a terrible case of shin splints the treatment for which was no exercise at all for three months. Once the habit was broken I never resumed. Already overweight, I've since gained thirty more pounds. I've lost the same 10-15 pounds repeatedly over the last three years, but have never been able to maintain the loss.

Admittedly I'm lazy. I love to eat, especially if it's fattening and has lots of sugar. I hate veggies. All of which combine to make me "juicy curvy and delicious" as BOB tells me. My doctor tells me my numbers: blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar, etc. are healthy (other than my weight). I'm appreciative that BOB isn't bothered by my weight, but I'd prefer to be less juicy curvy and delicious, TBH.

So my first goal is to eat fewer processed foods and more whole, unprocessed fruits and veggies. We just bought a couple of fitness DVDs and we already have DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) for the XBox. In addition BOB and I hope to exercise together on days when our schedule permits- which is more often thatn one would think when looking at our schedules. LOL We used to run together three nights a week years ago. I hope to build up to that level again.

No comments: